This tutorial presents a step-by-step guide to performance analysis, bottleneck identification, and rendering optimization of an OpenGL ES* 3.0 application on Android*. The sample application, entitled “City Racer,” simulates a road race through a stylized urban setting. Performance analysis of the application is done using the Intel® INDE Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® INDE GPA) tool suite.
The combined city and vehicle geometry consists of approximately 230K polygons (690K vertices) with diffuse mapped materials lit by a single non-shadow casting directional light. The provided source material includes the code, project files, and art assets required to build the application, including the source code optimizations identified throughout this tutorial.
- The Future Of Android-x86 Is In Question
- Intel Optimizations in the Android Marshmallow Compiler
- Unity Optimization Guide for x86 Android: Part 1
- Introducing Intel® RealSense™ Smartphone Developer Kit
- Protecting an Android x86 Native Application with Intel Tamper Protection Toolkit
- A New Test Release For Android-x86 6.0