To get the most out of the x86 platform there are a number of performance optimizations you can apply to your project that help to maximize performance. In this guide, we will show a variety of tools to use as well as features in the Unity* software that can help you enhance the performance of your Unity project. We will discuss how to handle items like texture quality, batching, culling, light baking, and HDR effects.
By the end of this guide you will be able to identify performance issues and what they are bound to, key optimizations, and methodologies for good game development in Unity. First we will go over some of the tools available that will make it easy to identify potential hot spots in your application.
Tools - We will explore three main tools in this guide: Unity Profiler, GPA System Analyzer, and GPA Frame Analyzer. Each tool is powerful in its own right in regards to solid game development. If you are able to use all three, you will realize significant progress in streamlining and optimizing your game.
- The Android-x86 7.1-rc1 released
- The Future Of Android-x86 Is In Question
- Intel Optimizations in the Android Marshmallow Compiler
- Introducing Intel® RealSense™ Smartphone Developer Kit
- Protecting an Android x86 Native Application with Intel Tamper Protection Toolkit
- A New Test Release For Android-x86 6.0