Arne Exton, the creator of numerous Linux distros, had the pleasure of informing Softpedia about the immediate availability of a new build of his custom Android-x86 project, based on Android KitKat 4.4.4 and designed to allow users to run Android on their computers.
According to Arne Exton, Android-x86 KitKat 4.4.4 Build 5 is a total rebuild and replaces all of his previous Android-x86 4.4.4 KitKat builds. The GAPPS package has been added in this release, which means that you have all of Google's apps, including Google Play Store, YouTube, Google+, Google Maps, and Google Play Services.
- AndEX Live CD Now Ships Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with Linux Kernel 4.4.20 LTS
- AndEX Project Brings Android 7.0 Nougat with GAPPS & Linux Kernel 4.4 to Your PC
- Remix OS for PC beta: How to dual-boot Windows and Android-as-a-desktop OS
- How Android-x86 and Remix OS are Creating Better Android Tablets
- Custom Android-x86 KitKat 4.4.4 Live CD Updated with Linux Kernel 4.4, New Mesa
- New AndEX Live CD Launches with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, GAPPS, and Linux 4.4 LTS