The Android-x86 project is glad to announce 6.0-rc1 release to public. This is the first release candidate for Android-x86 6.0 (marshmallow-x86) stable release. The prebuilt images are available in the following site:
Key Features - The 6.0-rc1 release is based on the latest Android Marshmallow-MR2 release (6.0.1_r46). The key features include
- Supports both 32-bit and 64-bit kernel and userspace.
- Update kernel to 4.4.12.
- Support OpenGL ES 3.x hardware acceleration for Intel/AMD(radeon/radeonsi)/Nvidia(nouveau) chipsets, as well as VMware and QEMU(virgl).
- Support OpenGL ES 3.0 via software rendering for other GPUs or no GPU devices.
- Support secure booting from UEFI and installing to UEFI disk.
- Be able to install to ext4/ntfs/fat32 filesystems via a text based GUI installer.
- Upgrading from older android-x86 release is improved. Older release using ext2/ext3 filesystem will be converted to ext4 for better reliability.
- Support Multi-touch, Audio, Wifi, Bluetooth, Sensors, Camera and Ethernet (DHCP only).
- Auto-mount external usb drive and sdcard.
- Support foreign archs (arm / arm64) via the native bridge mechanism. (Settings -> Apps Compatibility)