The Android-x86 project is glad to announce 6.0-rc2 release to public. This is the second release candidate for Android-x86 6.0 (marshmallow-x86) stable release. The prebuilt images are available in the following site:
Key Features: The 6.0-rc2 release is based on the latest Android Marshmallow-MR2 release (6.0.1_r61) with all AOSP security patches applied. We fixed a lot of issues found in the 6.0-rc1 and added more features:
- Launch the Android-x86 Analytics Program to collect anonymous data from users.
- Update kernel to 4.4.17 with more upstream patches.
- Update Mesa to 12.0.1. The unstable issues of i965/i915/Nvidia GPUs found in 6.0-rc1 are fixed.
- Fix software rendering crashing issues on VM like QEMU and VirtualBox.
- Fix modules auto loading method to improve hardware compatibility.
- Improve audio hal sound card selection.
- Auto-mount USB/sdcard with ext4/ntfs/exfat/vfat filesystems.
- Add back SDCARD=xxx function to vold 3.0.
- RTC time is set to local.