Today, September 4, 2016, Arne Exton is happy to inform us about the release of the first build of his AndEX project based on Google's recently released Android 7.0 Nougat mobile operating system.
For those of you who never heard of AndEX, it is an Android-x86 operating system for personal computers, and until today it was based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. We have to admit that we were wondering when Arne Exton will start rebasing AndEX on Android 7.0 Nougat, and it looks like that just happened.
"My compiled Android-x86_64 system (Nougat 7.0) can run live (from CD) on certain computers. It is best installed to a USB stick or to hard drive and running from there. The system can, however, be installed on almost all newer laptops (and some desktop computers)," says Arne Exton in the release announcement.
- AndEX Project Now Lets You Run Android 7.1.1 Nougat Live on Your PC or Laptop
- The cm-x86-13.0-r1 is released
- The cm-x86-13.0-rc1 is released
- AndEX Live CD Now Ships Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with Linux Kernel 4.4.20 LTS
- Remix OS for PC 3.0.204 Update Adds Android Security Patch for September 2016
- Remix OS 3.0.203 Update Released for PCs to Support 32-bit UEFI Installations