The Android-x86 project is glad to announce the 6.0-r1 release to public. This is the first stable release of Android-x86 6.0 (marshmallow-x86). The prebuilt images are available in the following site:
Key Features - The 6.0-r1 release is based on the the Android Marshmallow-MR2 release (6.0.1_r66) with latest AOSP security updates. It includes the following key features in addition to all features since 6.0-rc2:
- Update kernel to 4.4.20 with more patches from AOSP.
- Update Mesa to 12.0.2.
- Preliminary HDMI audio support.
- Add F2FS support.
- Change trackpad cursor from circle to normal mouse pointer (back-ported from Android N).
- Improve suspend/resume issues caused by wifi drivers.
Released Files - We created universal images for most x86 platforms. This release contains two files. One is the 32-bit x86 ISO and the other is the 64-bit x86_64 ISO. Both can be boot from legacy BIOS and newer UEFI firmware. You can choose one of them depends on your devices. In doubt, try the 32-bit ISO for legacy BIOS devices and 64-bit ISO for UEFI devices.
- Android-x86 6.0 Gets Third Stable Update, Mesa 17.0.4 and Linux 4.4.62 LTS Added
- The Android-x86 6.0-r3 released
- The Android-x86 6.0-r2 released
- Android Marshmallow on PC Falls Flat
- AndEX Live CD Now Ships Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with Linux Kernel 4.4.20 LTS
- Android-x86 6.0 Is Here If You Want to Run Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Your PC