The Android-x86 project is glad to announce the 7.1-rc1 release to public. This is the first release candidate for Android-x86 7.1 (nougat-x86). The prebuilt images are available in the following site:
The 7.1-rc1 release is based on the latest Android Nougat-MR2 release (7.1.2_r17). The key features include
- Support both 32-bit and 64-bit kernel and userspace.
- Support more new devices and peripherals via the latest LTS kernel 4.9.31.
- Support hardware accelerated codecs on devices with Intel G45 & HD graphics family.
- Support OpenGL ES 3.x hardware acceleration for Intel/AMD/Nvidia, VMware and QEMU(virgl) by Mesa 17.1.2.
- Support OpenGL ES 3.0 via software rendering for other GPUs or no GPU devices.
- Support secure booting from UEFI and installing to UEFI disk.
- A text based GUI installer.
- Support Multi-touch, Audio, Wifi, Bluetooth, Sensors, Camera and Ethernet (DHCP only).
- Auto-mount external usb drive and sdcard.
- Support foreign archs (arm / arm64) apps via the native bridge mechanism. (Settings -> Apps Compatibility)