The Android-x86 project is glad to announce the 7.1-rc2 release to public. This is the second release candidate for Android-x86 7.1 (nougat-x86). The prebuilt images are available in the following site:
The 7.1-rc2 release is based on the latest Android Nougat-MR2 release (7.1.2_r33). We have fixed several issues found in the since 7.1-rc1 and added more features:
- Add Taskbar as an alternative launcher which puts a start menu and recent apps tray on top of your screen.
- Enable freeform window mode support.
- Enable SDCardFS support (not available in live mode).
- Enable ForceDefaultOrientation on devices without known sensors. Now portrait apps can run in a landscape device without rotating the screen.
- A new software renderer SwiftShader which provides better performance on devices without a supported GPU.
- Improve QEMU virgl stability.
- Support NVMe SSD.
- Update to the latest LTS kernel 4.9.54 with more patches from AOSP.
- Update Mesa to 17.1.10 with RGBA_8888 support on i965.
- Improve the native bridge support (64-bit only). Enable it via Settings -> Apps Compatibility.